850 Woodfired Pizza fundraiser 4/9 from 5-10pm!! Come join us for a staycation meal to benefit RHS GLAX!!
Welcome to Ridgefield High School Girls Lacrosse!
Welcome to the home of Ridgefield High School Girls Lacrosse in Ridgefield, Connecticut! Get news, information, schedules, rosters, game results, directions and much more. Check back frequently for the latest information about RHS girls lax. Go Tigers!
1. No practice today (Wednesday, March 21). Thursday practice will be announced as soon as scheduled. Coaches and captains will be first line of communication. Players should be aware of messages.
2. Cece (and all other varsity coaches) has been directed by Dane Street, the Athletics Director, that today is not a practice day. All sanctioned RHS practices have been cancelled due to the weather. Parents or players should not organize optional practices at RHS or alternate venues. The players do need some time off.
3. KICKOFF - We are still scheduled and hoping for just a delay tomorrow. If it is a delay, we are planning on having the kickoff at 6:30 in the RHS student center. If there is a snow day, no events will take place after school. OUR BACKUP DATE IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28 AT 6:30 IN THE RHS STUDENT CENTER.
4. TH PARKING - We have already been reprimanded by Tiger Hollow that many parking infractions were observed during tryouts. Parents are not allowed to park in handicapped parking. Parents are not allowed to leave their cars when waiting for players. Please follow these directions throughout the season.
5. Volunteers - We are in need of a team parent for each team ASAP as well as a photographer willing to take pictures of ALL players, upload them in a timely manner to the GLAX website, and help with the slideshow at the end of the season. Photographers are required to stand on the spectator side of the field at all times, stay out of the way of play, and mind the field lines. Multiple parents can do this and split the games. Please sign up on the volunteer sign up on rhsglax.com
Some GLAX notes for this week...we are off to a great but very cold start to our 2018 season!
1. Tryouts Monday 3:30-5:30pm at Tiger Hollow
2. Tryouts/practice for the rest of the week are expected to be 4-6pm on Tiger Hollow with one day off. The day will be determined by weather. Please check with players as they will have most up to date information from coaches and captains. We will post as soon as we are notified.
3. The handout from the Spring Sports Kickoff Meeting (3/15/18) has been loaded onto this site. Go to the home page and click on the "Links" button on the horizontal menu bar. The first item on the dropdown menu is "2018 RHS G-Lax Team Rules". Alternatively, you can click on this link: http://rhsglax.com/Page.asp?n=94535&org=RHSGLAX.COM
4. Don't forget to put our GLAX kickoff on your calendar. Thursday, March 22nd at 6:30pm in the RHS Student Center.
Please double check the Power School Portal to make sure that your daughter is registered. We want everyone to be able to tryout on Saturday. It is ultimately up to the parents and players to make sure that registration is complete. Also - please check the date for the physical form. If it is over 13 months from the posted date (including when season is underway), the player will be benched until the form is logged into the athletics department. There are no exceptions.
If you have any questions pertaining to the registration, please contact the RHS Athletics Office or booster club board at firstname.lastname@example.org
WARNING: this is a long but important email. It will be permanently posted on the GLAX website (rhsglax.com) for future reference.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
2/26 – first day to sign up for spring sports through RHS portal (please check expiration of physicals as players won’t be allowed to play if/when it expires during lacrosse season). Players must sign up on this site to be eligible for tryouts.
3/8 – RHS spring sports presentation by Dane Street. 6:30 in RHS auditorium. This is a general talk with a short breakout afterwards with coaches explaining tryout expectations.
3/17 and 3/18 – Tryouts. Fields and times have not been assigned. Information will go out as soon as possible. Please stay tuned.
3/19 – NO tryouts
3/20, 21 and 22 – Tryouts or team practice. Once teams are made JV/FR teams generally practice from 3-5 at SRMS and varsity practices 4-6 at TH. This is subject to change based on field availability. (There is no specific date for teams to be posted.)
3/22 – GLAX kickoff 6:30pm in the RHS Student Center. Parents and players are highly encouraged to attend. Coaches will speak, and booster club business will be discussed (dues can be paid, apparel samples available, volunteer positions available, and key dates discussed). Pizza will be provided for our hungry players.
NOTECARDS FOR TRYOUTS
On the first day of tryouts EACH player should bring an informational notecard with the following information. Please keep in mind that someone will be trying to decipher the writing.
Parent contact phone #
Parents will drop off players at tryouts and not stay to observe tryouts.
Players should communicate with coaches.
Parents should not initiate contact with a coach to ask questions about schedules, playing time, performance, interpersonal issues among teammates, uniforms, etc. Encourage your athlete to speak with her coach if she has questions or concerns as the first course of action, and only intervene if necessary. Of course, if your athlete has a medical issue for instance, then it is totally appropriate to reach out directly to the coach to make sure he/she has all the information about your athlete’s condition. Always feel free to email the booster club at
for any general questions or for guidance on when it’s appropriate to contact a coach directly.
FCIAC schools have varying spring break schedules, so games are continuous throughout the season.
All 3 teams have games during spring break (4/9 – 4/13) and players are expected to be at games.
BOOSTER CLUB DUES
Dues and participation are expected of every family. Individual needs can be met if a board member is contacted.
The money we raise from dues is the majority of our working budget for the year – not just the season.
We use the money to pay for the kickoff food, away game snacks, banquet costs, charitable donations, filming, senior night, coaches end of year gifts, website fees, senior scholarship, coaching needs, and much more.
We have not raised dues in many years, and the booster club tries to stay within a tight budget with some roll over funds to pay for off season needs.
Dues this year are: $125. Checks may be made payable to “RHS GLAX Booster Club” preferably on the night of kickoff (3/22). Alternatively, they can be mailed to our treasurer Deb Linke at 116 Eleven Levels Rd. Our website does not allow us to collect payments.
Samples will be available for most items for sizing at kickoff
First buying period occurs before tryouts (3/5-3/15)– everyone is able to order but new varsity numbers will not be available until after tryouts. Numbers will be put on apparel for varsity only. Returning varsity with an assigned number or anyone who just wants name on the items is welcome to order at this time. A second buying period (3/21-3/31) will begin at end of tryouts. Apparel will be distributed at a practice about 2 weeks after the close of the buying period.
All items are available for all players except the orange and white rugby (varsity only)
The orange shooting shirt (short sleeved) is required for varsity players and optional for all other players.
New FCIAC rules require that ALL clothing under uniforms MUST match for varsity teams. The RHS coaches have decided that all clothing (thermal shirts and pants as well as shorts) will be BLACK in color. The black long sleeved shirt is a convenience item that will comply with this ruling. It is not required to have this particular one.
This season cannot run without help from the parents. There are many opportunities available.
Please check the rhsglax.com website and click on the “volunteering” button on the left hand side menu
Some opportunities are team specific but many are not
Facebook – search “Ridgefield High School Girls Lacrosse” to keep up on our events and other postings
GLAX website – “RHSGLAX.com” is our official website
Players must register each year for team based communications during the season
Spring is almost here, and that means RHS GLAX is gearing up for the season! Please note the following dates...
FEB 22 – Please join us for a season kickoff fundraiser at 850 Woodfired Pizza. Dine in or take-out from 5-10pm. Fundraisers help the booster club support our players throughout the year!
FEB 26 – First day to register for spring sports through the RHS portal. Any questions, contact the athletic office or us at
. No player will be allowed to tryout without proper paperwork. The athletic office does need a few days to process it, so please plan ahead.
MARCH 8 – RHS Athletic Director, Dane Street, will hold a spring sports information session at 6:30pm in the auditorium. The coaching staff will hold a short GLAX breakout session after his talk. Our official GLAX kickoff meeting will be held after tryouts.
MARCH 17 – GLAX tryouts start. Please be patient and understanding of the times and places for tryouts. There are many teams vying for field space at this time. Last year we had snow and had to move to indoor facilities at the last minute. Please know that everyone will work to make tryouts as smooth as possible. If you have questions that do not specifically pertain to a coaching issue, please reach out to us at
. More information will follow in the coming weeks.
MARCH 22 – GLAX kickoff – parents and players need to attend this meeting to get information about the season, volunteer opportunities, apparel options, booster club activities, and much more. The session is held in the Student Center after practice/scrimmage. Food and beverage will be available for our very hungry players.
If your player has graduated or is no longer playing lacrosse at RHS, please consider unsubscribing from this site to stop receiving durther emails.
RHS Girls Lacrosse is on Facebook! Follow us for news on all of the great stuff our teams and players are up to on and off the field. Go to facebook.com and search "Ridgefield High School Girls Lacrosse" or follow this link: www.facebook.com/rhstigersglax.
If you don't have a Facebook account, you can check out our most recent posts on the Facebook feed located on the homepage of the RHS GLAX website.
Registration for team and booster club communications is now OPEN. Click the REGISTER NOW button on the home page and follow the prompts to add the player and parent to our website database. Communications from our new website replaces email blasts from our booster club volunteers' personal email accounts so it is imperative that every player & parent register on the website.
Registration is free and enables you to receive communications, scheduling notifications and other essential information in and out of season. Stay connected and informed. Register now.